Planning your visit to Baba’s Mandir
Welcome to The Shirdi Sai Mandir.
The following guidelines have been published to enrich your experience and make your visit a pleasant one.
Please maintain sanctity of the Mandir and try to implement Baba’s teachings into your day to day life. To ensure that the Mandir environment is calm and peaceful:
- Speak in a soft, pleasant manner with others in the Mandir so as not to disturb others.
- Ensure that your children do not disturb other devotees visiting the Mandir.
- Switch off your cell phones and refrain from using your cell phone on Mandir premises.
- Please take as much prasad as you need however do not waste Prasad.
- After eating Prasad, dispose off garbage in the waste bin and stack used plates / containers / glasses near the garbage bins as directed by volunteers.
- Do not throw garbage on the Mandir premises or Mandir parking lot.
Some general tips:
- Take pictures of Baba only for your personal use.
- When visiting the Mandir, please keep you shoes and jackets on the racks provided.
- Ensure that you take your own shoes and jackets when departing from the Mandir.
- Parking is NOT allowed in the Mandir condominium complex.
- Please park on Baba’s land, which is two minutes away from the Mandir. You are welcome to drop off your family (seniors / pregnant women) and then park on Baba’s land.
- Do not park on the road leading into the Condo complex, as that is a designated fire route. Your car could be ticketed or towed away.
- Be aware of your surroundings and ensure that your belongings are secure inside the Mandir and do not leave valuables in your vehicles.Solicitation is not allowed on Mandir premises.
- The Mandir does not solicit donations through any other organizations or agents. Solicitation is not allowed on Mandir premises.
- The Mandir is not associated with The Shiridi Sai School or The Shirdi Sai School of Canada.
- We urge devotees to read one page / chapter of Baba’s Satcharita every day. You will surely experience ongoing peace and happiness, especially during times of distress or difficulties.
The Mandir is conducting a pilot programme to cook Prasad at the Mandir.
- The objective is to cook healthy and fresh vegetarian food on a daily basis and reduce bought out food from restaurants.
- Devotees who wish to participate in the Prasad program are requested to donate items like Basmati Rice, Ghee, Wheat, Rava and Dal etc., which can be used to cook Prasad at Baba’s Mandir.
- Do not bring Prasad in trays without receiving a confirmation from the Prasad Coordinators. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before bringing any cooked Prasad to Mandir.