Devotees may offer a shawl of their choice and design to Baba to celebrate personal occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones. This is an unique opportunity to see Baba dressed in an attire of your choice.
As this is a very popular service offered by devotees to Baba, please book your date well in advance.
If possible, avoid days with festivals and chose weekdays other than Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Shawl bookings are currently accepted as below:
- Mornings: Sunday to Saturday – Offered to Baba after Abhishek (8:15 am).
- Afternoon: Sunday to Saturday – Offered to Baba after Madhyan Aarthi (2:00 pm).
- Nights: Sunday to Saturday – Offered to Baba 30 min before Shej Aarthi.
- Please note that Shawl bookings are NOT available for Mandir’s special events such as Ram Navami, Guru Poornima, Vijaya Dashami, Deepawali and New Years (Jan 1).
Reserving a date for Shawl offering:
- Click here to check for available dates on the Shawl calendar – please use Internet Explorer as some features are not available in Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Send request via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- Contact phone number
- Date(s) and time(s) of your choice
We will confirm your Shawl offering date subject to availability.
Booking requests are considered on first come first serve basis. Please book well in advance to avoid any disappointment.
Devotees may offer Shawl to Baba on ONE Thursday OR Saturday OR Sunday in a calendar year to accommodate requests from all devotees. Multiple bookings from the same family are not considered for Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.However, if there are any open bookings, the same may be assigned to devotees requesting such a booking, at the discretion of the coordinating volunteers.
Contact volunteer coordinators listed below if you need any assistance:
- Surya Polimera (416) 451-0925
- Subbarao Korapaty (647) 294-0455
Information on preparing Baba’s Shawl:
Please measure dimensions of all pre-stitched shawls. The Mandir reserves the right to reject shorter shawls from being offered to Baba.
Cloth Measurements for stitching:
- Shawl and Head Cloth: 4 meters long & 45 inch wide
- Neck Cloth (below Garland): 1.5 meter long
- Lace / Decorative Border Line (Optional): 6 meters long (Lace can be gold / silver / any suitable colour). Please chose appropriate width.
- 2 sets of Shawls are stitched to offer to both the Sai Murtis.
- Aforesaid specifications are for cloth measurements (not stitched shawls).
- Avoid (a) clothes made with nylon and (b) clothes which have metal / plastic work on the fabric.
- After you have received confirmation of your Shawl Offering Date, please:
- Drop off cloth at the Mandir atleast 1 month before the date you wish to offer shawl to Baba. Volunteers are available to assist with stitching as a service to Baba (at no cost).
- Include a paper slip with your (a) Name (b) Contact Nos (c) Shawl Offering Date (for which you have received confirmation) along with the cloth material in a zip lock bag.
- Re-confirm that your stitched shawl and has reached Mandir at least 1 week before your Shawl Offering Date by calling (647) 444-4724 during working hours on Monday to Friday.
- Ready made shawls (e.g.purchased from stores, Shirdi or other Sai Mandirs) usually do not meet the Mandir’s requirements. If you have a ready made or pre stitched shawl, please bring it to the Mandir at least 1 month in advance. We will check the shawl to confirm if it is suitable or not.
- White colour shawl is offered to Baba in the Night (before Shej Aarthi).
- No photography is allowed during Abhishek and Shawl Offering.
- If you are unable to attend shawl offering in person on the day of your booking, please inform us in advance by calling (647) 444-4724 during working hours on Monday to Friday.
- Devotees offering shawl must take back the shawl the day after its offering. We are unable to track and trace shawls thereafter due to huge volume.